Monday, August 3, 2009

Friends in the City

Why is it that when it rains it pours but when there is a drought it is as dry as a desert? This seriously baffles me because I know that it doesn’t only happen to me but to many people out in the dating world. When I was younger it rained a lot more in my days but now that I have grown up and can say I am a bit more mature, now when it comes to dating, it is a bit of a dry desert if you know what I mean.

Remember that time in your life when you and your friends would walk into a club and it would be as if you walked in naked, all eyes on you? Well I do and god did I love those days and all that unnecessary attention that I pretended to hate but deep down inside loved every minute of it. Back in those days I would be dating someone and next thing I knew his brother or cousin or even best friend would profess his love for me and it would just be a storm of guys at the same exact time. But of course being the dedicated, loving one-man girl I would stick with my boyfriend and brush the others off like a fly on my shirt. Then of course that boyfriend I was so dedicated to would break my heart and I would end up alone. And doesn’t it always seem that during the time you are alone and in need of distractions or a new fling, it is as if guys don’t exist or just don’t notice you exist? What I mean by that is, when there is a drought, it is as dry as a desert. You find yourself grasping for some sort of refreshment, water, aka new love interest, because you are so thirsty for love, being in that dry desert and all. But to everyone’s surprise, not a single love interest at all, when it seems like 5 minutes ago it was raining men. I’m starting to believe that when you are looking for love you scare it away and it runs as far away from you as possible but when it’s the last thing on your mind, you attract it like a magnet. You can sit there and tell yourself that you aren’t going to think about finding that perfect guy, in hopes that because you are coaching yourself not to think about it, it will happen. You need to seriously not think about it in the means of being distracted with other things, for example, work, friends, family, etc., and before you know it you will be nervously getting ready for the first date that you longed for, for so long now.

Does it all have to do with the energy we give off during that time in our life? I very much believe so and the reason I say that is because it has been said to me more then once in my life. If you feel hot and good about yourself and walk into a club you give off this positive energy that everyone feeds off of and makes you that much more attractive. You can be the most gorgeous looking person or very plain Jane, average, but that energy says it all. Those are the times in your life that dating is no effort at all and sometimes you find yourself breaking more hearts then you ever imagined. But on an opposite note, if you walk into a club with negative energy that can, or actually will, repel any and all chances of meeting someone. I guess what I am getting at is I have lived the past 25 years thinking that the raining of men and the dry droughts are all uncontrollable but in reality they are very much controlled and by you and only you.

Is dating based on good timing or does it all depend on the time we feel good?

No comments:

Post a Comment